What Does it Take to Be a Successful Real Estate Agent in Dallas?




How did I get into real estate? Today I’m going to give you the full story, from my start up until now. I’m a firm believer that if you are dedicated to the business, have a good work ethic, and really care about helping people, real estate could be a rewarding and fulfilling career move for you.

My story begins in 2007. I had a friend who was working as an agent and one day he told me he thought I’d be a great agent with some practice. I was pretty young and naive at the time, but decided the time was right to take the plunge because what did I have to lose? Little did I know, the housing market would soon come to a screeching halt after the collapse of the financial market. I got my real estate license after the fact and began my career in 2008.


In 2008, my first full year, 40% of buyers dropped out of the market overnight. I sold 7 or 8 houses that year and 12 homes the next. In November 2009, I sold 5 homes right before Thanksgiving and decided I deserved the rest of the year off. This was a big mistake. It ended up being another 6 months before I sold another home. We were in a severe buyer’s market and I was getting frustrated. I thought, “There has got to be a better way to do this.”

This was when I made a decision that completely turned my business around. I dedicated myself to learning the business, networking with top agents, and hiring a coach to guide me in growing my business. In the second half of 2010, I sold 19 homes and have been selling 40+ homes a year ever since. It’s not because I’m the smartest guy around or the luckiest, it’s because I am a student of the business and I have a plan.

If you or someone you know is thinking about getting into the business, I can teach you how to grow a successful career in real estate. Just give me a call or send me an email, and I’ll be in touch!

No comments :

Post a Comment